Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Birthday

Hello.  I hope everyone is having a great day. I have had a migraine since yesterday, but I am feeling a little better so it was time to make a couple of cards.  I need some masculine birthday cards so that was the first thing I worked on.

I used an old technique on the card (inking up the inside of an embossing folder).  I love the look but I always forget about it.  I saw it on some one's card this week and decided I need to use it so I took my brayer out and set it on my desk so I wouldn't forget.  You will see me doing it again.  I also rounded the edge of my card.   

The digital image is from Newton's Nook.  They have some really cute stamps.  I don't have any but I have several on my wishlist so you will be seeing them again.  I used one of their free images today.  I used green and blue to make the card masculine.  I think it will work for a couple of people on my birthday list.

I am going to use this card in the following challenges:
   Newton's Nook - Birthdays
   Fab N Funky - Birthdays
   Paper Shelter - For The Boys
   Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
   Wednesday's Inspiration - Anything Goes

Off to eat a late lunch.  Chat with you later.




Products Used:
   Digital Image - Free from Newton's Nook
   Paper - Bella Blvd Summer Squeeze
   Embossing Folder - Darcie'
   Copic Markers - B00, B12, B18, G00, G02, G05, Y15
   X-acto Corner Round Punch
   Tim Holtz's Distress Ink Mowed Lawn
     

2 comments:

  1. Fab card, great image and colours and I love the way you've done the sentiment, thanks for playing along at the Paper Shelter - For the Boys - Challenge, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I love the technique you used with inking the embossing folder - such a fun idea! I love your color scheme - and thanks for trying out our digital image! Thank you for getting inky with us at Newton's Nook Designs and linking up to our Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete